Laser Hair Removal
At Complexion Med Spa
Full Body Laser Hair Removal by Lumenis®
At Complexion Med Spa, we are eliminating razors, waxing, knicks & bumps . . . for good! As leaders in Laser Hair Removal, we’ve revolutionized the industry with state-of-the-art laser technology that targets deep within skin to get rid of hair permanently. Even better? Our lasers work on ALL skin types, so our treatment is for everyone.
Advantages For Our Patients
Short Treatment Time
High-Speed Integrated Vacuum Assisted Technology reduces treatment time by using a large 22x35mm spot size. Back or legs can be treated in 10 minutes or less. In addition, there is no prep time and no cooling or anesthetics required.
High-Speed Integrated Vacuum Assisted Technology uses a unique vacuum mechanism that activates the skin’s tactile and pressure receptors, to inhibit the transmission of pain. ChillTip™ Technology improves patient comfort by cooling the skin prior to treatment and continuously cooling it throughout the treatment.
Long Lasting Results
The LightSheer technology by Lumenis has been validated in numerous clinical studies and peer reviewed articles.
/ Laser Treatment Information
Things To Avoid SIX WEEKS BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
Discontinue waxing, hair removal creams or chemicals, tweezing and electrolysis, as well as bleaching your hair.
THREE DAYS BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
Stop using any topical prescription products on areas being treated with the laser.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
- Avoid incidental or direct sun, tanning beds, spray-tans and self-tanners.
- If you are out and about, apply sunblock (with at least SPF 50!) and use barrier protection such as wide-brimmed hats, large sunglasses and protective clothing.
- If you have recent sun exposure, please call us to reschedule your appointment.
ONE DAY BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
- YOU HAVE TO SHAVE
- Please shave the area(s) we’re treating the day before your appointment in the direction that the hair grows with a clean razor.
- If we’re treating an area with fine hair on your face, you may closely trim the area with scissors or a facial hair trimmer if you prefer.
- If you arrive unshaved, we may have to reschedule or not be able to treat all the areas planned.
THE DAY OF YOUR TREATMENT
- Makeup, deodorant, lotion, sunscreen and literally everything else you might put on your skin must be removed from the area being treated before your appointment. If you forget this one, we’ll have wipes on hand.
- EARLY IS THE NEW ON-TIME. Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time.
A FEW MORE THINGS WE NEED TO KNOW
Any changes to your medical history? New diagnosis? New pregnancy? New medications?
As some medical conditions and medications are not compatible with laser treatments, it may be necessary to reschedule your appointment, as your health and safety are always our top priority! We need to know…
- If you get cold sores.
- If you have a history of HSV-1 or HSV-2 and are treating those areas, we recommend you take an antiviral medication starting 24-48 hours before your treatment to prevent an outbreak, and continuing for three to five days after. Contact your primary care provider if you need prescription medication.
- If you have tattoos. If you have any ink on or near the area being treated, you’ll have to cover it up with a physical barrier, which we can help you with when you arrive.
First off…Congrats! You’re one step closer to being fuzz-free. However, results vary and the “best” results depend on you, and whether you read, understand and fully commit to doing everything on this list. Before we get into your post-care instructions, let’s talk about what you can expect in terms of results. About 10%-15% of your hair in the treated area will begin to fall out on its own within the next two weeks. You may continue to shave as needed, but continue to avoid waxing, bleaching, plucking or anything that will pull your hair follicles out. Your hair will likely start to grow back in four weeks (face and neck) or six weeks (body), but after several treatments, that hair will typically be softer, finer and less dense. It is important to stay consistent with each treatment and complete your entire package for the best hair reduction results possible (up to 80%!)
- REMEMBER TO MOISTURIZE
After your treatment, moisturize the treated area with a thin layer of Vaseline® or Aquaphor® at least three times daily as needed to help reduce any irritation.
- STAY OUT OF THE SUN
We strongly recommend you avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of three days after your treatment, and always apply sunblock with SPF 50+ to the treated area any time you are outside. Also, use barrier protection such as wide-brimmed hats, large sunglasses and protective clothing.
- STAY COOL & DRY
Time to reschedule your beach, spa & trainer sessions…you should avoid steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, pedicures and exercise/sweating for 24 hours, and avoid swimming for at least three days after your treatment.
- CHILL OUT IN THE SHOWER
Hold the hot baths & showers and take short, cool or lukewarm showers and avoid scrubbing or shaving the area too much. After showering, gently pat the area dry with a clean towel.
- AVOID IRRITANTS
These include harsh soaps, medicated washes, scrubs, peels, and topical prescription products, such as retinoids for at least three days. We recommend applying only Vaseline, Aquaphor, hydrocortisone 1%, or sunscreen as needed, as well as same-day makeup if you need to. Reminder: refrain from scrubbing the area!
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE THESE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS
- FOR REDNESS, SWELLING OR DISCOMFORT
Apply cool ice packs to the affected area, taking them on and off every three to five minutes for one to two hours (do not apply ice pack for more than five minutes at a time). Also, apply hydrocortisone 1%, Vaseline® or Aquaphor® to the affected area up to three times a day until it resolves.
- FOR ITCHING
We recommend taking oral liquid Benadryl®, Allegra® or Clartin® (antihistamines available over-the-counter) as needed, as well as applying hydrocortisone 1%, and Vaseline® or Aquaphor® to the affected area up to three times per day until it resolves. Also, avoid scratching the area.
- FOR LASER BUMPS
These are normal and very common in areas with coarse, dense hair, and their presence indicates an effective laser treatment. Also known as folliculitis, these small bumps will resolve within a few days, and will be less intense with each subsequent treatment. To help them resolve quickly, avoid direct heat, as well as activities that cause you to sweat. Avoid picking, scratching, shaving, and tight clothing. Apply hydrocortisone 1% and Vaseline® or Aquaphor® 3 times a day until resolved.
/ Your Transformative Journey Awaits
Have further questions or looking for more info? Stop by Complexion Med Spa or give us a Call 248-737-6912 or stop by our facility. We will be more than happy to help you. We look forward to servicing you and remember, it’s all about your Complexion!